[plug] Need Help convincing Dad he doesn't need M$ Office 03

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Feb 24 14:28:39 WST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 05:08:29PM +0800, Tim White wrote:
> What I am look for from this list are 2 things:
> 1) Arguments to convince him to stay (Probably with an upgrade to 1.1.1)

Coming to you from Melbourne, I was wandering around at their
Orientation Day here, and the library were handing out flyers on OO.org.
I can read (type) out some snippets. It's aimed more at uni students:

 - Compatible with EndNote 7 (software for managing and generating a
   bibliography)
 - Exports to .pdf format (no need to buy Adobe Distiller!)
 - Exports graphics files in .swf (Flash) format
 - Has a familiar interface
 - It's free
 - Win movie passes

Okay, so the last one is only for Unimelb students, but hey :)
Seemed pretty good publicity for it!

Regards,

Bernard.