[plug] A site that specifically states it's optimised for IE AND Mozilla !

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu Feb 26 19:26:27 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 18:51, Kai wrote:
>
>>My eyes aren't lying....at the bottom of http://jetstar.com.au is this:
>>
>>Site optimised for viewing in Firefox 0.8, Netscape 7.1 and IE 6.0,
>>800x600 resolution.
>

> Well given Virgins support for Linux they probably don't want to risk
> losing the most advanced and resolute people in the tech sector to them.
>
> regards,
>
> Chris

I see JetStar as QANTAS version of Telstra's latest price cuts and
calling it "good for consumers" (even though "Telstra's Bruce Akhurst
said the price drops had been planned for 10 days. Telstra chose not to
tell its wholesale customers until the day before BigPond's plans took
effect.")...sure, QANTAS has Virgin as competition in the eastern states
but they're still abusing their (WA) market power for all it's worth.

I'm waiting for the day when we see REAL discount flights in WA,
specially between Broome and Perth and if (when?) Virgin starts flying
Broome <-> Perth we might see QANTAS having someone to compete with
instead of charging whatever they want and making killer profits, simply
because they can.

Then again, maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way...