[plug] next Installfest?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Feb 27 16:45:31 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 16:31, Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Etherboot supports having a menu to choose a boot image.  The one that
> Craig has for computer angels looks quite flash (compared to the one
> that I've used, anyway) and would make choosing a distro to install
> fairly trivial.

That's the nbi-nfl code. While it does look good, it's very limited:

   - No ability to set a default and timeout
   - Can only change the tftp filename, not server or other options

That makes it hard to use to select between certain things, if you need
to change (say) the root-path in addition to the image loaded.

I gather that neither option would be hard to add for someone who knew a
bit of C, though.

Craig Ringer