[plug] next Installfest?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 27 18:30:24 WST 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 16:45, Craig Ringer wrote:
> That's the nbi-nfl code. While it does look good, it's very
> limited:

>    - No ability to set a default and timeout
>    - Can only change the tftp filename, not server or other
> options

> That makes it hard to use to select between certain things, if
> you need to change (say) the root-path in addition to the image
> loaded.

> I gather that neither option would be hard to add for someone who
> knew a bit of C, though.

I was hoping to avoid re-inventing the wheel; this time around:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/General-usage-of-network-support.html#General%20usage%20of%20network%20support
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Diskless.html
and from another perspective:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.i386.html