[plug] acpid install error

Tony Breeds magni at plug.linux.org.au
Sat Feb 28 14:01:40 WST 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 03:40:10PM +0800, Ryan Smith wrote:
> hello
>
> after doing an apt-get upgrade, the new acpid package spits out the
> following error when trying to install.
>
> tesla:/home/ryan# dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/acpid_1.0.3-2_i386.deb
> (Reading database ... 183928 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace acpid 1.0.3-2 (using .../acpid_1.0.3-2_i386.deb)
> Stopping Advanced Configuration and Power Interface daemon: acpid.
> Unpacking replacement acpid ...
> Setting up acpid (1.0.3-2) ...
> dpkg: error processing acpid (--install):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 128
>  Errors were encountered while processing:
>   acpid
>
> I have tried looking for bugs on google but no luck so far.
> any sugestions

The install script starts the daemon without checking to see if it's
already running In your case (mine too) it is running so it fails to
"start" basically nothing to worry about, you /could/ submitt a bug
report if you care enough.

Yours Tony

        Linux.Conf.AU       http://lca2005.linux.org.au/
        Apr 18-23 2005      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!