[plug] Php config

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jan 1 12:07:54 WST 2004

Hi,

In message <20040101040020.LZVH27218.swebmail00.mail.ozemail.net at localhost>
on Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 03:00:20PM +1100, smclevie at ozemail.com.au wrote:
> HOWEVER.  Php4 does NOT work out of the box

What do you mean "does not work"? What have you tried? E.g. did you make
a "web page" that contains this line:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and then try to access it from a web browser? Was an error produced
(e.g. 'internal server error', 'not found' or 'access denied') or did
the above line appear literally in your web browser? What is the output
of this command:

grep php4 /etc/apache/httpd.conf /etc/apache/mime.types

> I note from a previous post that Debian is the most documented Linux
> around so I should think the article I am chasing will be readily
> available.  I just can't seem to find a Debian-specific guide...

Since it should generally work out of the box, I don't know of any
Debian-specific information, other than what might be provided in
/usr/share/doc/php4 on a Debian machine (basically all Debian packages
will install generic and/or Debian-specific documentation in
/usr/share/doc/<packagename>). Therefore, you will need to look at the
Apache and PHP documentation.