[plug] General Announcement: Stolen Lap Top Computers (fwd)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Jan 7 17:48:29 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 17:37, Bret Busby wrote:
> As people on this list, often look for cheap computers, including
> laptops, the following may be of interest.

Although a good thing to check-out IMO is the police disposal auctions
where they get rid of stolen and unclaimed goods.

I hear you can pick-up laptops there quite cheap. Other than that it's
best to get buy or get someone you know to buy you a new one wholesale.
People inflate the price of 2nd hand laptops and I think it's ridiculous
so I just use a Palm pilot and keep a full PII machine in my car.

regards,

Chris

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.