[plug] Knoppix CD

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Jan 7 23:02:36 WST 2004

Aaron Wooten wrote:

| I just tried out the new knoppix and was quite impressed, has anyone
| had any success transfering it over to a hard drive ?

It can be done, but people on Debian mailing lists will hate you if you
come to them asking why you can't upgrade properly or some things don't
quite work.  (Knoppix is a mix of standard Debian packages from 'unstable'
and its own custom packages.)

knx-hdinstall is the command, if you really have to...

If you want a less painful way of installing Debian (with hardware
detection and stuff), you could help beta-test the new debian-installer.
beta2 will be out soonish ;-)

Cameron.