[plug] Knoppix CD

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Jan 7 23:06:26 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 22:57, Aaron Wooten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried out the new knoppix and was quite impressed, has anyone had any
> success
> transfering it over to a hard drive ?

Yes very much so. knx-hdinstall does it but as I remember you need to go
through KDE control center and change the keyboard layout and Language
to US / English (US)

Also I found that Morphix was much less bloated and easier to customise.
(http://morphix.sf.net)

I will be using the Morphix lite install (XFce) based to provide a very
simple desktop for my Grandma to use if I can get her embroidary
software working under WINE.

Don't know of one myself but try http://mirror.wa.3fl.net/

> Thanks
>
> Aaron Wooten

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.