[plug] Knoppix CD

Pabs pabs at perthimc.asn.au
Thu Jan 8 01:01:54 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 23:22, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> I´ve had a lot of joy with knoppix install.
>
> make sure you boot with the language=en or whatever it is setup.
>
> also, strongly recomend to edit the hell out of that sources.list file in
> /etc/apt
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
> job well done.

i'd change the default distrib to unstable in /etc/apt/apt.conf and do
an apt-get dist-upgrade too

you'll also want to first purge all the packages that this gives you:
apt-cache search knoppix

or go with morphix (what a cool name - fits with its philosopy i think)

I recommend keeping the kernel tho if you have the nvidia drivers, cause
they seem to be fairly unstable under debian's standard 2.4.22

--
Bye,
Pabs