[plug] help with ftp and debian..

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jan 8 00:21:33 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

| There's lots of ways to transfer files, I won't begin to list them, and
| I guess it really depends on what Paul needs it for.

For uploading web pages to a server, rsync (or... dare I mention it...
unison) can be very handy.  It knows what files have been changed in a
directory and only uploads those.  Unison is even nicer for this task,
and can e.g. inform you of files that have been changed on the server
and copy those back to the local machine.  Both will run under Windows.

BTW scp and sftp are in the ssh package, not 'scp'.

Cameron.