[plug] Ximian Evolution

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Jan 8 15:37:56 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 11:25, Tim White wrote:
> Look at Devolution when it is ready, a port of evolution to
> windows.(sourceforge)
> Tim

Gosh, that reminds me of a manual for an Eagle all-in-one mainboard I
was reading back in about 1999.

"SVGA drivers-

Windows NT- There are no NT drivers. You will just have to wait until
Windows 2000."

:-p

I honestly thing that it would take more effort to port evolution to
Windows than it would to rewrite it from scratch but there is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/devolution-mail/

Margo could try running KDE under Cygwin and possibly run Kroupware
(based on kmail) I'm sure she could also try evolution but i've never
tried it myself. I would be interested in hearing about it so I could
possibly recommend it to some of my Windows using customers.

There is also LINE. LINE Is Not an Emulator *grin* and that's worth a
shot.

http://line.sourceforge.net/

Once upon a time my outlook dependency was the only thing keeping me
with Windows. Thanks goodness for Evolution.

regards,

Chris

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.