[OT] The Neverending Story: Part Three (Re: [plug] reinstall for new core hardware?)

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Thu Jan 8 16:03:22 WST 2004

Hi all...

I now have a case, and I have the motherboard installed into it.  Thanks
to everyone for their help so far :-)

Unfortunately I can't get the thing to boot :-(

I get 4 long beeps (during POST), and no video output, however the board
seems to be otherwise operating normally - i.e. the fans start, then
when I push the power button again there is a slight delay before
everything powers down.  The only place I could find 4 beeps in the
manual was in relation to recovery mode, when there is no floppy drive
installed (which there isn't, incidentally).

I realise this is OT but does anyone know what could be happening here?
The board was working when I performed the flash update, but at that
stage there were 2 pentium 2 processors, now there are 2 pentium 3
processors (I don't have the pentium 2 processors, so I can't try
swapping them back).  Nothing I've tried has changed the situation,
including running it with the CMOS clear jumper enabled.

Regards,
Ben

(still with a celeron server... only now it's occupying two cases...)

--
Ben New
ben at leftclick.com.au

Leftclick Software Development