[plug] Supported wireless cards under Linux

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jan 8 19:05:35 WST 2004

David Lloyd wrote:

| Orinoco based cards are known to work. Minitars do work (but not altogether
| too well). You'd get a better response if you could determine the actual
| chipset that the "generic" card uses...

Ahh, I was afraid that might be the case.

| I don't know *who* PLE are - would they let you try one out?

They're a computer retailer ~25km north east of Perth who are generally
quite cheap, but not known for their Linux-friendliness.  I might ask
them - at the very least, they may be able to tell me what chipset the
card uses.

| For this week and the next, consider me as Denethor

You intend to set fire to yourself and your son? ;-)

Cameron.