[plug] Re: Gain Linux based control of reticulation system

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sat Jan 10 19:12:46 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 14:59, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Is it for the 'toro ez-remote'?????

Yes.

> Theres chance you will have some serial lines and some power line in there
>
> (Ie +5v gnd rx tx )
>
> Also, if this is the case it could be some sorta wierd latched serial or
> something.

I guess we will find out. I the Toro ez-remote costs about $300 I guess
owning one would give some clues though.

Otherwise this would be a great excerise setting up a Linux based
reticulation system (think cron jobs AND a web interface ;) playing just
$100 for the main unit and using bits from Altronics, old hardware and
Debian.

regards,

Chris
--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.