[plug] Gain Linux based control of reticulation system

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sat Jan 10 14:52:53 WST 2004

Dont you go plugging into ports you know nothing about!
Theres every chance it aint no ethernet port.
more likely its gunna be rs-232.

How many wires are hooked into the port.

Also, is the little nub in the middle or off to the side?

If its 3 wires, spot on its rs232. (gnd, rx, tx) This is a good thing, you
just need to wire up a plug to your serial port, find a good serial probin
program (minicomm perhaps?) and start playing.

if indeed its ethernet, I suppose you could stick ethereal across it and
start listeng for any advertising coming out.

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.
http://www.perthimc.asn.au