[plug] initrd

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Mon Jan 12 14:42:14 WST 2004

Hi All,

I am trying to get an ultramonkey setup working and I am having
problems with the latest ipvs kernel. It appears that the initrd image
is wrong somehow and I have been trying to make my own initrd image
without success. I keep getting the following on boot:

mount: /dev2/root is not a valid block device
mount: /dev2/root is not a valid block device
mount: /dev2/root is not a valid block device
warning can't open /etc/mtab: No such file or directory
pivot_root: No such file or directory
/sbin/init: Cannot open /dev/console: No such file
kernel panic: attempting to kill init

This machine has nothing weird in it (ie. no raid, scsi, LVM etc) and I
have mounted a working initrd image on loopback and compared it to the
ipvs one and I cannot find anything out of the ordinary. The
ultramonkey kernel maintainer insists that there is nothing wrong with
it although it may be missing the ide-disk module which I have added
and I am still getting the same thing.

Can anybody suggest a module that I possibly haven't added to the ipvs
that could cause it to do this??

Cheers,

Adam.