[plug] Canon printer output stretched horizontally

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Jan 12 15:58:39 WST 2004

My Dad has a problem printing from KDE on Debian/Woody to his Canon S400SP -
apparently the printed output is "stretched" horizontally (across the page).

Has anyone encountered this problem before (and better still, know the
solution)?

I set the Linux install & printer myself not too long ago, using Debian, and
using the gimp-print package available for Woody (not in the core distro) to
obtain the correct print driver. At the time, I couldn't test printing, as
his ink had gummed up - so the print head would whiz back & forth, but no ink
would come out. Well, he's got it printing - but now this stretching problem
is occurring.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |