[plug] Cameron's Conf Comments - Monday 12th

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jan 13 19:19:38 WST 2004

Does adelaide uni still have the ultra repressive firewall?

I was at adelaide uni for a conference last year, and the silly buggers
had outgoing ssh and telnet blocked. even within aarnet. probably to stop
kids playing muds.

Flinders uni library system has a great little example of thin unix
client, tho admitedly on a solaris server. Also, same system is a good
example of why its handy to update yer damn netscape browser say, oh, once
every 20 years or so. pages looked funny with a v3 nutscrape browser.

blah. Didjya see linus! Didjya see linus! Didjya? Diddjya?

Wish I was there :(

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.