[plug] When is the next installfest?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jan 15 18:54:57 WST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, David Buddrige wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a notebook computer.  Currently it is running Mandrake, but I'd
> really like to swap it over to Debian.  My reason for wanting to swap is to
> make upgrading various packages easier.
>
> My reason for not installing Debian before is that I have had troubles
> getting Debian onto the machine - problems with screen display's etc, which
> Mandrake seemed to resolve.
>
> Anyway, I'd like to come along to an Installfest when there's one on so that
> I've got plenty of guys around who can help me troubleshoot.
>
> Anyone know when the next installfest is on?
>
> thanks heaps
>
> David.

This, like all of the preceding responses to your message, does not
answer the question of your subject line.

Perhaps, the organisers are at the conference, in Adelaide?

Anyway, have you tried the new Debian installer? I have just has a look
at the Debian web site, and, the Beta 2 of the new Debian installer,
which instals Debian testing, is now available (as of yesterday, I
believe). It may be worth trying.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale