[plug] When is the next installfest?

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Jan 15 20:24:34 WST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:57:53 +0800 "David & Lisa Buddrige" <buddrige at wasp.net.au> wrote:

> >Anyway, have you tried the new Debian installer? I have just has a look
> >at the Debian web site, and, the Beta 2 of the new Debian installer,
> >which instals Debian testing, is now available (as of yesterday, I
> >believe). It may be worth trying.
> >

> When I first bought the laptop 18 months ago, I had initially planned to
> install it with Debian.  I went down to UCC, but after several hours of
> messing around trying to get the video drivers to work, I gave up and later
> installed Mandrake 9.

Hi David

What happened to the laptop that we installed a while ago from my debian
mirror ? Could you not use that one to evaluate loading AbiWord 2 ?
This means your Mandrake laptop stays intact until you are have confirmed
that the transition is workable.

HTH
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/