[plug] When is the next installfest?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jan 15 20:35:57 WST 2004

Hi,

In message <20040115202434.5528b39b.harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au>
on Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 08:24:34PM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> What happened to the laptop that we installed a while ago from my debian
> mirror ? Could you not use that one to evaluate loading AbiWord 2 ?
> This means your Mandrake laptop stays intact until you are have confirmed
> that the transition is workable.

I have a Debian stable/testing workstation but I notice that abiword 2
(from November) is only available in 'unstable'. I actually have an APT
source for unstable already, so APT will find the packages if needed. I
generally avoid unstable except for a few apps I rarely use (e.g. GIMP
1.3 -- which lacks some plugins and therefore I couldn't use it even if
it were in 'stable'). Anyway, to install abiword 2, I would have to do
this:

% sudo apt-get -t testing install abiword/unstable abiword-common/unstable

When I do this, it says "4 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed...Need
to get 6823kB of archives. After unpacking 6525kB will be used" (looks
like my 'aspell' would get upgraded, too).