[plug] When is the next installfest?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jan 15 20:38:30 WST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, David & Lisa Buddrige wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:57:53 +0800
> From: David & Lisa Buddrige <buddrige at wasp.net.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] When is the next installfest?
>

> >Anyway, have you tried the new Debian installer? I have just has a look
> >at the Debian web site, and, the Beta 2 of the new Debian installer,
> >which instals Debian testing, is now available (as of yesterday, I
> >believe). It may be worth trying.

The new Debian installer to which I referred, is supoposed to make
installing Debian Linux much easier than ever before.

It could be worth you trying it, although it is supposed to be a
download of about 40MB or 100MB, I think.

Anyway, if you are interested, go to
www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ and have a look.

I do not know alot about it, although I have seen a reference to the new
installer, somewhere, as it being supposed to be much better than the
previous Debian installation process.

If you have a look at the above web page, you have nothing to lose.

I wil probably try it, the long weekend when Anne is back from the
conference, as she has more experience with Debian than me. We had not
been able to get GNOME running on Debian stable on my system, yet, so,
hopefully, we will try to use this new installer, as I said, in the
long weekend.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."