[plug] When is the next installfest?

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Jan 15 20:47:55 WST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:25:24 +0800 "David & Lisa Buddrige" <buddrige at wasp.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Harry,
>
> That laptop is now my wife's laptop.  It's also a bit on the small side
> (486, 24mb ram, <300mb hard-drive). 8-)

Ah. Rightio. She might be a bit cross if you "experiment" then ;-)

So what about just grabbing a scratch desktop machine and going through
the install ? X will be easy and if you use a USB equipped m/b you can
test the camera services too. I'm just thinking that taking your laptop
offline and it not working means you need to recover Mandrake and generally
fiddle around. Sounds wimpy I know but I'm all for an easy life :-)

cu
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/