[plug] When is the next installfest?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jan 15 20:49:03 WST 2004

David & Lisa Buddrige wrote:

| Hi Harry,
|
| That laptop is now my wife's laptop.  It's also a bit on the small side
| (486, 24mb ram, <300mb hard-drive). 8-)
|
| ATM, my biggest desire is for getting my kodak camera working on my laptop,
| both of which I take on holiday with me.

If it' a Kodak Easyshare, that means it'll speak PTP so you should be
able to get your version of gphoto2 to handle it if you can find a way
of forcing it to realise that it's a PTP camera.  If you gphoto2 doesn't
do PTP, you might also want to look at jphoto.  It has little in the way
of dependencies besides Java.

Another alternative is to buy a flash card reader, as has been mentioned
previously.

Cameron.