[plug] When is the next installfest?

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Fri Jan 16 01:03:11 WST 2004

David & Lisa Buddrige wrote:
> Hi Harry,
>
> That laptop is now my wife's laptop.  It's also a bit on the small side
> (486, 24mb ram, <300mb hard-drive). 8-)

Can't speak for any of the 'mainstream' distro's but it's maybe a bit more
than hard for them to fit <300mb. Debian using a min. (floppy),install will fit
approx 40mb. Slackware is also a candidate.In any event getting linux aboard
with the software you need and it's dependencies
isn't going to leave much elbow room on the h/drv.

Tom's and the linux.bcc come to mind. I'll give the new .deb installer
toomorrow . Worth a try.

--
Cheers
Russ.