[plug] Samba login scripts

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Mon Jan 19 14:39:04 WST 2004

Hi Folks,

I'll be changing some NT file servers over to Samba sometime this year
where I work ... I'm confident in everything, in as much as the user's
won't notice any change.  I'm yet to test POSIX ACLs and things, but I
hear they work quite nicely.

One thing that struck me today was login scripts.  I know you can have a
global one for every user or a per user one, but what about NT4's way of
implementing *both* of these methods, allowing over-riding of the global
script for a specific user if one desired?

All I can think to do is symlink each user script to the global logon
script except where a specific one is needed for a user.  Are there any
other ways around this, such as some spanky new config options or the
like?

Thanks,

Ryan