Getting a bit OT... Re: [plug] police & nurses credit society netlink page

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jan 20 10:15:50 WST 2004

At 08:51 20/01/2004 +0800, James Devenish wrote:
>In message <Pine.LNX.4.56.0401192202170.19106 at cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
>on Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:12:02PM +0800, Denis Brown wrote:
> > That, complaining to the company/webmaster, has worked many times for me.
> > For example I once had issues with Unicredit (University Credit Society)
> > when their website was "upgraded" to non-compliance and Mozilla and

<snip>

>Thanks very much for your efforts. I also got in contact with them and
>UniCredit some years ago with regards to this system, but I gave up once
>the prevailing joke was that TSW was deliberately trying to sabotage
>UniCredit.

I think they saw me as a serious though humorous fellow when I parodied
their "The System Works" at them over the 'phone by saying "It is a nice
name, but no, The System does NOT Work!"[1]   Or maybe I just got lucky in
my choice of techno-person there?

Cheers,
Denis

[1] I took that sort of line from Alan Pease's "Write Language" where he
recounted a humorous though true tale of Australia Post failing to deliver
his mail and provide services in a timely manner.   Basically he wrote to
them, opening with their catch-cry "We deliver."   He then went on to say
"No, you do not!" and listed a lengthy, detailed diatribe of what he found
lacking.  Well worth reading, I thought.