[plug] [sorta OT] PC cooling

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Jan 21 09:44:05 WST 2004

Chris Cornish wrote:

| I run a thermal take volcano 7 + it has never faulted my only grivence
| with it is the noise it makes but any hi spec AMD  fan will do that I
| belive.

The fan that comes with current model Athlons is actually quite quiet
and more than sufficient for most people.  (If the machine's living in a
hot place or the rest of the case is getting poor airflow, it might be a
problem.  Having an extra case fan or two can't do any harm in the
airflow department and will like help keep all of your components cool
better than a stupidly loud and expensive CPU fan.)

Cameron.