[plug] [sorta OT] PC cooling

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Wed Jan 21 09:36:22 WST 2004

I got my Thermaltake Volcano 11 Xazar (sp?) edition for about the same
price from PLE, and that has a variable speed controller (ie, like a
volume knob for speed) and an automatic option with the use of a
temperature probe.

Adam.

On 21/01/2004, at 9:07 AM, Chris Cornish wrote:

> I run a thermal take volcano 7 + it has never faulted my only grivence
> with it is the noise it makes but any hi spec AMD  fan will do that I
> belive.
> That said it has a 3 speed variable control which means on the days it
> is not so hot you can slow it down. The noise level is fine on low to
> medium speed I got the one for our server from anywhere in osbourn park
> about $50 from memory
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Kind Regards
> Chris Cornish

---
Adam Hewitt - CCNA, LCP
Senior Network Engineer
GLOBAL DIAL PTY LTD

PO BOX 829 Claremont, Western Australia 6910
Suite 1/278 Stirling Highway, Claremont WA 6010
         Telephone: +61 8 9383 1800    Facsimile: +61 8 9383 2818
         Email: adam.hewitt at globaldial.com Website: www.globaldial.com
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify us via email at info at globaldial.com