[plug] 64 bit machines

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 26 11:24:13 WST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:09, David Lloyd wrote:

> No, the best operating system for the market at the moment is Microsoft
> Windows. It's proven by its sales and by the fact it *is* almost
> everywhere. It's only inferior on the grounds that you [and maybe even I]
> believe that it's inferior...

Almost, but not quite.

The best OS/word processor/lawn management tool on the market is the one which
best solves the client's requirements in terms of functionality, TCO and
scope for future requirements. There are also other criteria to consider
depending on the situation, like hardware requirements and training.

As soon as you religiously align yourself with any technology, you've lost.