[plug] eGroupware XML error

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue Jan 27 04:22:21 WST 2004

Aaron,

> Im currently trying out the egroupware project on my mandrake 9.2 box
> I have setup advx, mysql and done the web based setup correctly I think
> however when I try to login I am presented with the error
>
> "Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php/extensions/xml.so' - /usr/lib/php/extensions/xml.so: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory in
> /var/www/html/egroupware/phpgwapi/inc/xml_functions.inc.php on line 32

Do a "locate xml.so"...

This error indicates that your PHP doesn't have that extension built as a
module (or inbuilt). "rpmfind" may help you (or it may not).

> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at
> /var/www/html/egroupware/phpgwapi/inc/xml_functions.inc.php:32) in
> /var/www/html/egroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.phpgw.inc.php on line 161"

This is happening because the warning was printed. A "location" header--the
thing in HTTP that tells your browser to redirect--can only be sent if no
other headers or text has been sent [ok, technically that's a crap
description but it suffices].

I would try this:

 * find php.ini (probably /etc/php* somewhere)
 * comment out "DisplayErrors"
 * restart Apache
 * reload said pages

...this will stop the Waning: dl() thing but it should let you redirect to
wherever it wants to go. Remember to turn DisplayErros back on again
afterwards.

DSL

--
"One man to heed us, each girl, each boy
  One voice to lead us in a song of joy!