[plug] (no subject)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jan 27 15:47:42 WST 2004

You might want to try the Go! web based groupware by Simon Newton
written in mod_perl and uses LDAP and MySQL.

You need to get it from cvs as he hasn't released any packages yet.

The project is GPL.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/go-groupware/

Let me know if you want Simon's e-mail address. I have the server though
will require a decent sum of RAM as mod_perl threads are quite hungry.

regards,

Chris Caston

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 08:34, weirdo at tigris.org wrote:
> 7.0.0.1
> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:31:36 +0800
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> From: Tim White <weirdo at tigris.org>
> Subject: [OT] PHP/MySQL Forum
>
> Hi, I have the job of setting up a website for a small nonprofit organization.
> One of the things they would like is a forum were they can post messages
> under different topics similar to how a mailing list works but on the web.
> I was going to do this in PHP/MySQL and I know that there are prebuilt ones
> out there. Can any one suggest easy to set up and maintain ones to me? If
> possible I would like to use a flat file instead of MySQL but given they
> are slow after a few threads I don't think it would be practical even on a
> low volume site.
> Also how easy would it be to set up a mailing list? I heard a rumor that
> the free ones are closing down.
> Thanks
> Tim
>
> weirdo AT tigris DOT org (MSN Enabled) | ICQ# 255176389 | Riverton, Perth, WA

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.