[plug] (no subject)

weirdo at tigris.org weirdo at tigris.org
Tue Jan 27 08:34:35 WST 2004

7.0.0.1
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:31:36 +0800
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
From: Tim White <weirdo at tigris.org>
Subject: [OT] PHP/MySQL Forum

Hi, I have the job of setting up a website for a small nonprofit organization.
One of the things they would like is a forum were they can post messages
under different topics similar to how a mailing list works but on the web.
I was going to do this in PHP/MySQL and I know that there are prebuilt ones
out there. Can any one suggest easy to set up and maintain ones to me? If
possible I would like to use a flat file instead of MySQL but given they
are slow after a few threads I don't think it would be practical even on a
low volume site.
Also how easy would it be to set up a mailing list? I heard a rumor that
the free ones are closing down.
Thanks
Tim

weirdo AT tigris DOT org (MSN Enabled) | ICQ# 255176389 | Riverton, Perth, WA