[plug] [OT] Telstra rort

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Jan 27 17:37:28 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

>What about when the contractor comes out and puts in the Modular plugs
>instead of the the three prongs.

Most don't install three prongs.  Personally I'd steer clear of
installers putting in three prong sockets/plugs anyway, the RJ style are
far better.

>I saw one setup where they had used an
>rj-45 on cat3 probably because he didn't have any rj-12's left.

An RJ45 style wall socket?  Thats standard practise a lot of the time
now anyway, the RJ11/RJ12 phone cables plug into them fine.

>Other than rewire it what can you do?

You'd need a valid ACA cabling registration for starters anyway ;o)  But
why would you want to?  The RJ type plugs / sockets are better.

/ Ben