[plug] [OT] Telstra rort

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jan 27 17:27:15 WST 2004

What about when the contractor comes out and puts in the Modular plugs
instead of the the three prongs. I saw one setup where they had used an
rj-45 on cat3 probably because he didn't have any rj-12's left.

Other than rewire it what can you do?

regards,

Chris

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 17:21, Paul Stone wrote:
> Last week I helped a mate install some new phone lines in south-perth, he
> sub-contracts for a guy, who-sub-contracts for a company who sub-contracts
> to telstra.
>
> Another mate of mine moved into a 'new suburb' where they deliberately used
> pair gaining to save costs, so no adsl for them unfortunately.
>
> My cousin had a phone line with excessive line noise so he complained about
> it alot, eventually got a clearer line and was able to install adsl at that
> house - im not sure if they upgraded the lines or if they were already
> there, just needed fixing...
>
> As an alternative to adsl, you might want to try a wireless connection with
> a local isp, although I believe it has a few 'drawbacks'
>
> Paul

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.