[plug] W32.Novarg.A at mm

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jan 27 22:23:36 WST 2004

You should see the latest MiMail Variant (Q). MiMail is famous for using
LookOut Expres MHTML Object Tag code base exploit to do to version 6 SP1
what Bugbear and Klez does to version 5 using the MIME exploit.

Anyway the latest MiMail bring up a cute GUI dialogue box with Windows
logos telling the user that their Windows license has expired and they
must send all their personal details to Microsoft (really the virus
writer) to renew it (such as credit card no, maiden name, daughters
hotmail/msn account etc)

I give most of my Windows using customers Mozilla Thunderbird in
replacement for OE. The built in junk mail filter is usually the real
sweetener (:

regards,

Chris Caston

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 22:06, Arie Hol wrote:
> At 01:44 PM 27-01-2004 +0800, you wrote:
> >hey people,
> >
> >I seem to be getting heaps of emails containing this virus today, has anyone
> >else experienced the same phenomenon?
> >

> Have you read about this one - it has its own key logger and it seems to
> collect data from the 'clipboard in windows' then sends it off somewhere
> else !!!
>
> Read about it at :
>
> http://www.vnunet.com/News/1152265
>

> Regards Arie

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.