[plug] Random cc segfaults?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jan 28 13:23:50 WST 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 20:54, Mageaere wrote:

> Try checking the md5sums of all the files after they have been decompressed
> prior to compilation (presuming that you have the sums in the first place.)
> and make sure that all files are correct.

I have some MD5s of many other large files on the system. I've not had any
other problems that I can recall. Compared to the disk space used by the
kernel compliation, I'd expect more errors if that was the case. That's why I
suspect the CPU or something else related to computation.

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 20:46, Ryan wrote:

> Far longer than a long shot I know, but could you just be unlucky with
> your current installation/kernel?

It's possible! I will test it more - I've now recompiled 2.6.1 on my Wife's PC
(Athlon XP 2500+, kernel build took 15 mins - smokin'!) (Compared to the 1.5
hours my work PC took. ^_^) so I am now running a very different kernel. I'll
try recompiling on my box, under 2.6.1, and see if it still has problems...

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 20:32, Chris Caston wrote:

> You could also try using a different swap partition.

I actually am (now), since I reshuffled partitions (and wasn't THAT a
nightmare) to get a bigger swap, to play with suspend to disk (which I got
suspending! But on reboot it enters Infinite Reboot mode. ;_;)

I don't know if that'd be much of an issue tho. It has 768Mb RAM, so doesn't
swap in most cases... I wasn't doing any Gimp work in the background at the
time. ^_^

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |