[plug] [OT] domain name registration

Russ Powers russ at powerstech.com
Wed Jan 28 15:41:08 WST 2004

Onno Benschop wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 16:12, Russ Powers wrote:
>
>>I will probably only use the .com.au but it's going to be for a business
>>so if it's cheap enough and their both available, I may go for both.
>

> This really bugs me, companies registering every domain permutation
> under the sun.

Sad fact is most people just type your name with .com on the end. So you
  it's usually a good idea to get the .com and .com.au if you can.

> IMHO, either you're a company or you're not,

Well, yeah, it is a company. But what's the difference if you're a
company, a charity, a non profit org, or an individual. The internet is
international. If you want to get seen it's slightly easier with .com.

> either you're Australian or
> you're not, etc.

Well, actually, in this case I'm both, US and Australian citizen. And we
have companies registered in both countries.

What about companies that do business all over the world?