[plug] Email Addresses in archive - again

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 28 18:03:44 WST 2004

Hi,

In message <20040128095307.GD5311 at patrick.wattle.id.au>
on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 05:53:07PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> James Devenish wrote:
> | looks like an old Mailman version (I would like to see it upgraded for a
> | number of reasons).
>
> Ideally to something other than Mailman? :-P

What do you prefer? I've found the Mailman 2.1.x series very likeable.

> Although if I had to hazard a guess as to why it was outdated I'd
> blame the frequency of Debian's stable releases.

I would guess so, though it's sometimes worth installing a newer
packaged version.

> BTW without having ever administrated a list server, I was under the
> impression that the list archiving software was [separate] from the list
> software.

I would like the archiving to be decoupled from the list for performance
reasons. This might or might not have happened already (I haven't redone
the delay-based statistics this month).