[plug] Email Addresses in archive - again

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Jan 28 18:23:17 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

| on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 05:53:07PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
| > James Devenish wrote:
| > | looks like an old Mailman version (I would like to see it upgraded for a
| > | number of reasons).
| >
| > Ideally to something other than Mailman? :-P
|
| What do you prefer? I've found the Mailman 2.1.x series very likeable.

I'm not sure of the details of the various Mailman versions, but in
general I find their web interface (which requires keeping a password
stashed away somewhere to access it) cumbersome to use, and the
automated monthly password reminders annoying (on list servers where
that is switched on).

Whatever the Debian MLs run on seems reasonably nice, and I've heard
"Enemies of Carlotta" being plugged on debian-devel a few times.
Whether these two facts are related I'm not sure.

| > Although if I had to hazard a guess as to why it was outdated I'd
| > blame the frequency of Debian's stable releases.
|
| I would guess so, though it's sometimes worth installing a newer
| packaged version.

Yes.  There exist backports of Mailman.

Cameron.