[plug] Email Addresses in archive - again

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 28 18:22:35 WST 2004

In message <1075284074.30788.111.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>
on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 08:31:14PM +1030, Onno Benschop wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 20:12, James Devenish wrote:
> > I can't remember if the Mailman archives did get sorted out, but I'm
> > pretty sure they came online long after the problem was last pointed
> > out. As to why addresses are not judiciously dealt with -- not sure,
> > looks like an old Mailman version (I would like to see it upgraded for a
> > number of reasons). Garry mentioned the archiving problem, too. However,
> > the available Mailman obfuscation options appeared to have been set
> > correctly (when I last looked -- I just rechecked, too) and I'm not sure
> > that anyone with sufficient access to the mail host has been aware of
> > the problem.
>
> This is a really long paragraph that even after multiple readings
> escapes my understanding...
>
> Use small words...

You said this stuff last year in June or July last year but when the
mail server was changed in Aug, the guys had forgotten your ideas. I
don't know why there is a still a problem with the server -- I think
it's 'cos it uses an old programme that has flaws in it. I would like to
see the computer get new stuff on it, both to fix this problem and
others like it. I don't deny that it sucks. Bill K (why did I say
Garry?) wrote an e-mail about this problem earlier in Jan, so you're not
the only one who thinks there's a problem. As for getting it fixed, I
have done all the stuff that I think I can do to fix it in the long
term. But it hasn't been enough. I don't have enough control of the
computer to fix it further. It took me 15 minutes to refactor^Wtype
this message using small words.