[plug] Email Addresses in archive - again

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Jan 28 18:01:14 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 20:12, James Devenish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message <1075280710.25091.64.camel at latte.internal.itmaze.com.au>
> on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:35:10PM +1030, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me why I need to raise the topic of unencrypted email
> > addresses in the plug archive again - as I recall, this was sorted out
> > months ago.
>
> I can't remember if the Mailman archives did get sorted out, but I'm
> pretty sure they came online long after the problem was last pointed
> out. As to why addresses are not judiciously dealt with -- not sure,
> looks like an old Mailman version (I would like to see it upgraded for a
> number of reasons). Garry mentioned the archiving problem, too. However,
> the available Mailman obfuscation options appeared to have been set
> correctly (when I last looked -- I just rechecked, too) and I'm not sure
> that anyone with sufficient access to the mail host has been aware of
> the problem.

This is a really long paragraph that even after multiple readings
escapes my understanding...

Use small words...

> Do not read below this line if you don't have a sense of humour.
>
> > I was wondering why my spam load was increasing...
>
> More people hate you than ever before.

Nah, can't be, my Linmagau article has over 10.500 reads...

Oh, you mean, they hate me after reading the article... figures.

<grin>
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°15'14" - E140°28'19" (Barmera, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..