[plug] MyDoom virus/worm

Paul Arch paul at sdmgroup.com.au
Thu Jan 29 08:00:49 WST 2004

 We all have heard about it recently, but I was reading an article in the age :
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/01/28/1075088091365.html?from=top5

 What concerns me, not only in this article but on other various media reports, is the somewhat 'association' with this worm and the 'dispute' between the Linux community and SCO Group, the apparent target of a DOS attack.  I don't think I am paranoid about this, but to me the wording of such articles could lead a reader to make the assumption that the virus was designed specifically by the linux community to attack SCO.

 Do others on the list get the same vibe ?

 Cheers