[plug] [OT] User Support

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jan 29 19:47:57 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 19:38, James Devenish wrote:

> Ah...the days when warping of images and distortion of colours were not
> "perfectly normal features" to be experienced while scrolling through
> documents!

Oooh, yeah. Most cheap new 17" monitors change shape when you maximize a
window - it's scary. Even some of the "better" ones are still blurry,
have a maximum _usable_ resolution of 1024x768, have bad colour, and
feel like they're just full of air.

Thankfully, you can still get good 21" CRTs, though it's getting hard to
get good 19"s now. I'm sticking to my Philips 109P until I get an LCD,
because I doubt anything still on the market - except maybe a Sony G520
or Mitsubishi 2070SP - will be of the same level of quality.

Sad, isn't it. It's almost getting to the point where buying 2/h
monitors is /better/ - despite them being a bit worn out - unless you
can afford a 21" .

Craig Ringer