Junk monitors (was: Re: [plug] [OT] User Support)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jan 29 20:43:59 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

| If the text on the left of the screen wobbles and changes brightness
| when an animation plays on the right hand of the screen, something's
| wrong.

Yow!  I haven't seen that one before...  That does sound bad.  About the
worst I've noticed along those lines is having the overall viewable area
shift a little between showing mostly-light and mostly-dark colours.
xterm's visible bell will show this up badly, for instance.

| > general fuzziness (due to both poor dot pitch and poor focus).
|
| BTW thanks for alerting me to the friendliness of >99dpi -- I still have
| my main monitor set to 100 or above.

;-)  If you're doing that and are still using the same microscopic fonts
that you used to, I'm jealous of your eyesight :-/

Cameron.