[plug] Binary Clock

Mark J Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Fri Jan 30 17:03:26 WST 2004

On 1/30/04 at 11:50 AM Tim Bowden wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 19:44, Nima Talebi wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I just bought one of these clocks from ThinkGeek without really
>> thinking...

I got one of them, it arrived Monday. Its way c o o l!

>> Anyone order this from US? What power adapter did you get with it - was
>> it optional to ask for an Australian power adapter? I mean I can put

DSE has a 240/110 volt AC plug pack that does the trick. Alternatively you
can
get a 9 volt secondary transformer and use the lead off the plug pack and
you're
in business.

>> somthing together to give 9V AC and over 250mA, but the 60Hz is a little
>> difficult to reduce down to 50... Anyone have any useful info they can

The problem now is the clock runs slow. They use the 60Hz AC as a cheap but

accurate reference. At 50Hz it runs about 17% slow. For a talking point it
is ok,
but as a time piece, that sucks.

So RTFM and the solution is clear!

>That's the reason I would like to find a local supplier.  How did you go
>with this Mark?

This did not worry me, I like the challenge. Is that not why you mess with
computers?

Mark