[plug] my Linux is too young! Need older "tail" and "head"

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 1 06:49:05 WST 2004

Not true - head and tails use of -1 has recently been deprecated in
favour of the supposedly more standard "-n 1" syntax, generating lots of
error messages in older scripts, creating the effects Denis mentioned.
It prints a message to the screen when you use the -1 syntax telling you
that its deprecated!

BillK