[plug] Mail list dedicated to the migration from one OS to another?

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Jul 1 10:47:44 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 09:42, Senectus . wrote:
> Does anyone know of a mail list dedicated to the problems and
> solutions found with the migration of one OS to another in Office and
> business environments?
> Specifically I'm after one that covers windows to Linux, but it
> doesn't need to be that limited.
>
> If there isn't any I'd also like to gauge this lists interest in
> participating in one (ie I may start one up).

One thing is that if you post to the list of the target operating system
you are bound to get a lot of help from enthusiasts would like to help
you move to their operating system of choice.

If, however, you started posting here about migrating from Linux to
Windows you might not get a cosy response. One of the many Windows
NG's... I'm sure you'd soon hear from Microsoft wanting you to be part
of their next case study.