[plug] Digital TV

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 2 17:59:43 WST 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Michael Collard wrote:

> Just letting you all know that I now have working Digital TV in Linux
> with the VisionPlus DVB-T card :). I would grab a couple of screenies

Is that another version of the Technotrend Budget, like Hauppauge
WinTV-Nova PCI and DPANDA ?  Looks like it from what I can find.

> but my MPlayer is playing up with X11 output, and I can get a screenie
> of the hardware overlay xv uses.

You could try "mplayer -vo x11", but I see it looses the aspect ratio.

> I do have a question though, what is a good viewer app (non KDE) for
> DVB? I don't want something like MythTV which is kinda overkill for what

mplayer? You'll need to tell it to de-interlace.
I'm just using " mplayer -vf lavcdeint".
What filtering do folks recommend?

--
Hey Brother...Can you spare a Gmail invite?